Energy surrounds us. In fact, everything – including you and I – is a manifestation of energy. And if you’re not careful, your energy can get stuck and stop flowing freely. When this happens, emotional and physical problems can show up in life.
It’s safe to say that most of us have blocked energy in our bodies, making energetic healing necessary if we want to experience greater peace and wholeness. To get you started, here are some healing practices to consider. And as always, if something resonates with you, pursue that path. Your curiosity often leads the way to exactly what you need.
- EFT, or Emotional Freedom Technique
When trying to manifest all the right things into life, we often skip an all-important step. You see, without first clearing away limiting beliefs and past pain, it’s difficult to manifest loving, positive experiences.
That’s why EFT is an incredibly simple and extremely powerful practice. By tapping on specific meridian points while saying positive affirmations, you can release pain and heal from past trauma so that you can truly be open to better experiences.
The word “Reiki” comes from two Japanese words. “Rei” translates to “Higher Power” and “Ki” means “life force energy.” So, Reiki describes a higher power life force energy. But what does that actually mean?
Sometimes, we just need help accessing the natural flow of energy that surrounds us, and that’s where a Reiki practitioner comes in. A Reiki practitioner serves as a channel of the universal life force and passes this energy on to your entire person – body, mind, and spirit.
This gentle practice is like a breath of fresh air and can help your body kick start its own natural healing abilities.
- Connect to the universal flow of energy
A Reiki session can help you gain access to the Universe’s powerful energy. But you can also do this on your own, simply by setting the intention to connect and be open to the energy that sustains us all.
You can do this by standing or sitting quietly, imagine your buttocks or feet connected to the power supply of Mother Earth and her never-ending support. Envision this energy flowing freely to you. See yourself grounded and connected. Because you truly are!
- Heal your root chakra
The root chakra is located at the base of the spine, and it’s associated with confidence and survival. When the root chakra is blocked or stuck, it’s difficult for energy to flow up to the higher chakras. What’s more, a blocked root chakra can lead to feelings of insecurity, fear, restlessness, and fatigue. And when fear governs your actions, it’s very difficult to live freely, openly and in good health.
You can heal your root chakra by doing any or all of the following practices:
- Meditate on the root chakra mantra, Lam.
- Surrounded yourself with Mother Nature. And if you can’t make it to the park or forest, take conscious steps as you walk around your home, or to and from work. Plant each foot firmly on the ground and feel yourself taking up space and being welcomed by the world.
- Strengthen and open your root chakra by imagining a glowing red orb at the base of the spine, and know that you are supported, loved and important.
- Tap into the power of the New Moon
Each month, the new moon is bursting with potent energy and it can actually supercharge whatever intentions you bring to your new moon ritual. That’s because there’s a parallel between your life and the moon’s cycle.
The new moon is an empty sphere, ready to be colored in with the brightness of the coming full moon. And it can help you clear the slate in your own life, and create an open, fertile space where you plant new intentions and help them flourish.
- Begin a yoga practice
Stress and worry can make us tighten up and close off our physical bodies. But this blocks the flow of energy and can actually increase feelings of powerlessness and panic. But when you practice yoga, you can become actively aware of the energetic life force running through your body.
By focusing on your posture and your breath, you can release energy to move more freely – just as it should. The following 5 yoga postures are available to beginners and advanced yogi’s alike:
- Forward Fold: to soothe the nervous system
- Warrior 2: When you hold your arms out right and left, think of energy shooting from one end to the other. It only can when you allow it to!
- Cat-Cow: When kneeling on hands and knees, remember to keep your neck relaxed and straight to encourage an easy flow of energy from the crown of your head to your tailbone.
- Mountain pose: When standing with feet planted firmly on the ground, think of drawing energy up from the ground to support you and your every breath.
- No matter what posture you do, also bring your breath – it brings life to every posture, and it helps to release and break down energetic blocks.
You can kickstart your energetic healing just as you are today. And as you can see, simple practices can make huge impacts on your healing journey.